Entering Data in Excel – Settings
For cleaner data, we need to define what are acceptable values in each of the fields. We do this in the Settings sheet.
DO NOT CHANGE COLUMN HEADERS OR FIELD NAMES IN ROW 6. YOU CAN CHANGE IN ROW 5 AND THEN MODIFY NAMES IN POWER BI. EMAIL SUPPORT@INDZARA.COM FOR ASSISTANCE.
CHANGING FIELD NAMES WILL BREAK THE POWER BI REPORT
Enter the data for Gender, Hire Source and Ethnicity fields.
Enter list of Office Locations and the City/State/Country information.
Enter list of Departments and Job classification fields (Job Type, Job Category and Job Level).
Enter list of Job Titles
Enter which days of the week are weekends and which days are company holidays. For weekends, just enter 1 next to the day. 0 represents a working day and not a weekend.
Entering Data in Excel – List of Jobs
Enter list of all jobs that are being recruited in your company.
If you need historical reporting, please make sure that Jobs from the past are also entered.
click on image to see full size
- Each Job should have a unique Job Number.
- Enter Job title.
- Office Location and Department fields are used in reporting within specific departments and locations.
- Jobs can be classified in 3 levels – Job Type, Job Category, Job level.
- Recruiter name and Hiring Manager Name can be entered
- Enter Job Posted date
- Choose Status: 'Open' (if you are still recruiting for the job), 'Completed' (if hired) or 'Cancelled" (if you are no longer recruiting).
Please do not enter more than one record for a single job.
By Default, you can enter up to 500 Jobs by default. It can be extended by unlocking (with password) and expanding the table.
Entering Data in Excel – Applications
In the Applications sheet, we enter data for Applications submitted to the jobs.
- Enter the Job Number to which the application was submitted
- Enter Candidate name and source of application
- Gender, Age and Ethnicity can be used for Diversity reporting
- Enter dates when an application reaches each recruitment stage.
- The template supports recruitment processes that have up to 10 stages of recruitment (from Application to Hiring). If you have fewer than 10, then you can hide those columns. (PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ANY COLUMNS)
- Enter Application Status as HIRED or NOT HIRED if you have made a decision. If the application is still under review, leave the status blank
- Decline Reason should be entered for applications that have been NOT HIRED
- Enter cost involved
- Enter Hire date and Join Date for all HIRED applications.
- Hire date is the date when hiring decision was made. Join date is the date when the candidate joins or starts at the company.
Please do not enter more than one record for a single application.
By Default, you can enter up to 5000 applications. You can unlock the sheet and expand the table to support more applications.
For next step on how to set parameters in Power BI, please visit this article